Sunday 1 July 2012

Bikes that know the weather forecast

A couple of weeks ago I was setting off to the Horizons Unlimted UK meet to give a presentation on our trip "Down the World" on two Italian bikes.

I loaded the Peg up, pulled her out of the garage, started her up, and swa the ECU light come on. Then she stopped.

08:30 in the morning, electrical trouble shooting time.

I've got used to this behaviour now and pride myself on being able to trouble shoot pretty quickly. I was straight in to the electrical connector blocks near the ignition and quickly found the culprit(s).

Dodgy Electrics

However at 09:30 I wasn;t really in the mood to do some rewiring, so I dragged the old faithful XJ900 out (103,000 miles and counting), repacked and set off.

That day, Thursday was glorious. Sunshine and heat.

However, the summer rains re-appeared and I really don't think the Peg would have been happy. She does have a bad record of throwing a hissy fit in the rain now. 16 hours of rain later the site was starting to look like it would be under water.

Sinking Feeling


No comments:

Post a Comment