Saturday 1 October 2011

Parp! Parp!

That's a sound not heard from my Peg since somewhere in the USA. With the imminent and fast approaching annual MOT test I finally got the the bottom of the problem, or should I say Tony from Pitstop did.

After diagnosing as far as I could, I had to give in and take it down to him for the day on Friday, I did all the body work stuff and he did all the electrical stuff. Pretty quickly he found a snipped wire, that must have been done accidentally in Baton Rouge while the fuse blowing issue was bi-passed in Louisiana. That was a quick fix.

Tony then decided he could do something to get my "high" beam working. But without the piece of paper that explained what the electrician in the USA had done to bypass it made the extra work pretty hard. But by 19:00 I had a working dip. side light and high beam set up. I had been amused when at one point Tony walked back into the work area and shouted "Right! You little bastard!" in frustration.

I think it was at the bike, and not me. I did learn something important from all this, and that is I still don't understand wiring looms, especially when relays are involved. Happy days, now all I need to do is book the MOT test.

No comments:

Post a Comment