Sunday 31 July 2016

Oh, look, it is a Pegaso with an electrical failure

Spoke too soon, didn't I ?

That fuse blowing incident earlier this year, the one I forgot to get to the bottom of. Just bit me.

I had just packed the bike to head of for a weekend of camping, drinking and talking bollocks with other Peg owners. I climbed on, turned the key .... nothing.

Seat off, checked the main fuse, yep blown. Put in new fuse, switch on and the system asked for the magic code (the one that says it does not recognise the key). Not good. Especially when smoke rises from under the tank.

Switch off, ignition stayed on and smoke continued.

Rip fuse out. Breath a sigh of relief.

Unpacked, threw all the gear on the XJR and headed off (with Jean on her Peg).

I got home today and stripped the bike, under the tank was a nice mess with some melted wires and the key antenna ones had also come away (probably heat induced).





Wiring is not one of my skills, so I have bodged it together so that  I can run it up to a man that does have the skills. Another tank off job event in the coming weeks (man  that can is on holiday).

Of course it will make it to Orkney at the end of August !

No comments:

Post a Comment